Peer mentors are pupils from Year 6 who volunteer to give a little bit of their time each week to help others at playtimes. They receive training and on-going support to ensure that they have the skills to help others effectively.
The Peer Mentors Mission
- To be a role model around the school
- To help people who are sad
- To be impartial when pupils fall out
- To help sort out problems
- To help prevent bullying
The type of help we offer is:
- Serious incidents - take to a teacher
- Friendship fall-outs - help the children deal and don’t take sides
- Practical help e.g. teach little children how to play.
- Help each other help others too!
How to find a Peer Mentor
- Uniform of fluorescent yellow
- Photos on the Peer Mentor Board
- Area on website
Why we enjoy being Peer Mentors
- It is fun!
- Peer Mentors know how people feel and they can help
- Being a Peer Mentor has improved our own awareness and responsibility
- We make more friends around the school
- Helping someone gives you a good feeling