Successful Learners | Confident Individuals | Responsible Citizens
Welcome to Beauclerc and Chennestone Schools
Beauclerc and Chennestone are popular and successful schools centrally situated in the village of Sunbury on Thames. Beauclerc has a 60 place Nursery and four classes for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. Chennestone is one form entry in EYFS and KS1 and two form-entry in KS2 making a total of 11 classes.
Altogether there are 16 classes and approximately 540 pupils.
The two federated schools are only a five minute walk apart and they work very closely together. They are led and managed by the same Governing Body, Headteacher and School Leadership Team.
The schools have a strong ethos of collaboration and partnership and everyone, pupils, staff, parents, and governors, work together to create successful and constantly developing schools.
Facilities and provision across both schools
- Breakfast Clubs, and an Afterschool Club, from 3 – 6 pm
- Extensive grounds comprising of playgrounds, sandpits, art, dance and drama areas, quiet spaces with shade, a pond garden, wild gardens, allotments, field areas and large outdoor learning areas for the Reception classes
- Large halls, gym facilities and additional spaces for group work
- Excellent support and provision for pastoral care
- Full time teaching assistants to support learning in each class
- Specialist teaching and coaching for PE and Music
- French taught in all year groups
- Excellent ICT facilities, sport and enrichment activities
- Welfare Assistants with enhanced First Aid training
- Active Parent Teacher Associations with a full programme of events
Choosing a school for your child is a very important decision and we hope you will take the opportunity to come and see Beauclerc and Chennestone Schools in action.
The office at both schools will be happy to arrange a tour of the school with the Headteacher.
In addition prospective Reception Class parents have the opportunity to spend time in the Reception class with their child, to get a real feel for what it will be like.
We are sure as you walk around Beauclerc and Chennestone you will understand why we are really proud of our children and our schools.
Our Aspirations for your Children
Confident, enthusiastic and aspirational learners who maximise their potential;
a relevant and imaginative curriculum to enthuse, inspire and enable achievement.
Children who enjoy learning and who feel safe, valued, involved and empowered.
Responsible citizens making a positive contribution to a Rights Respecting and Sustainable community