PE and Sport Premium
PE AND SPORTS PREMIUM
We believe that all children should have the opportunity to live healthy and active lives. A positive experience of sport and physical activity at a young age can build a lifetime habit of participation in and a commitment to living a healthy lifestyle later in life. This ethos is central to meeting the government’s ambitions for a world-class education system.
Physical activity has numerous benefits for children and young people’s physical health, these include;
- Supporting positive mental wellbeing by increasing self esteem and emotional wellbeing
- Reducing anxiety and depression
- Increasing opportunities to be happy and feel euphoria
- Developing resilience
- Supporting teamworking skills
- Developing interpersonal skills including communication, trust and weighing up risks
- Developing coping strategies
- Improving general fitness levels
- Improving balance and posture
By ensuring that pupils have access to sufficient daily activity can also have wider benefits for pupils and schools, improving behaviour as well as enhancing academic achievement.
Please see below the 2021 / 2022 sports premium allocation and impact statement document.