Safer Internet Day 2024
Dear Parents and Carers,
This week, we will be joining schools and youth organisations across the UK in celebrating Safer Internet Day 2024.
Safer Internet Day is a global campaign to promote the safe and responsible use of technology, which calls on young people, parents, carers, teachers, social workers, law enforcement, companies, policymakers and more, to help to create a better internet.
This year the campaign will be focusing on change online, this includes covering:
- Young people’s perspective on new and emerging technology
- Using the internet to make change for the better
- The changes young people want to see online
- The things that can influence and change the way young people think, feel and act online and offline
Using the internet safely and positively is a key message that we promote in school, and celebrating Safer Internet Day is a great opportunity for us to re-emphasise the online safety messages we deliver throughout the year.
We would be delighted if you could join us in celebrating the day by continuing the conversation at home. To help you with this, for the UK Safer Internet Centre have created some free activities and information for parents and carers which are available at: saferinternet.org.uk/SID-parents
Whether you have 5 minutes to start a conversation or hours to spare, there are top tips, quizzes and films which you can use at home with your child.
If you have any concerns or questions about keeping your child safe online, please do get in touch with your child’s class teacher, myself or Mrs McNamara, our Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Click on the images below to be taken to:
- Guides and Resources for Parents and Carers
- Information about Safer Internet Day from 2023 (2024 resources yet to be released)
- Guides and Resources for Children and Young People
Please find below links to recent advice and guidance on the ever-changing digital world.
Help and advice for our families
Useful websites for Online Safety advice
Click on the image to be taken to the website